Wedding Cake 101
This is a class for all DIY Brides who would like to make their own Wedding Cake.
With a little knowledge of the ‘structural engineering’ required, I can show you how to make a simple but chic tiered cake, which will look of professional quality.
We will cover an 8” cake and a 6" cake dummy* in fondant icing, achieving a perfectly smooth finish, before dowelling the bottom tier and stacking the top tier. I will show you a few simple but effective decorating tips including handpiped pearl designs and simple fondant rose clusters.
Techniques covered in this session:
- Splitting, filling and crumb coating a cake with buttercream
- Working with fondant icing
- Covering a cake with fondant to achieve a smooth finish
- Dowelling and stacking (including how to add a central column which could be filled with fresh flowers)
- Basic piping techniques including handpiped pearls
- Fondant rose decorations and clustering effects
- Trimming your cake with ribbons to match your colour scheme and effective embellishments
This class is also an excellent entry level for anyone looking to start a career in Wedding Cake design.
I will share all of my tricks and tips as well as the benefit of 5 years of professional experience.
£90.00 per person for a 3hr class
Class starts at 18:00 for evening classes
and 14:00 for weekend classes
(Payment is via a secure Paypal link)
New dates to be announced shortly
Please email email@example.com
to be the first to hear!
All Studio Session costs are inclusive of all equipment and materials needed to complete the project, as well as refreshments, giggles and a slice of cake! You will also take home the cake that you decorated to show off and devour!
Wedding Cake 101 is also inclusive of a complementary Restoration Cake Apron
to take home along with exclusive access to the HOTLINE number!
I will be at the end of the phone to offer advice if you get stuck.
This Studio Session will be held at the Edward Woods Community Centre
60-70 Norland Road, London W11 4TX
5 MINUTES WALK FROM WESTFIELD SHOPPING CENTRE
Tubes within walking distance are:
Shepherd's Bush (Central)
Shepherd's Bush (Overground)
Wood Lane (Circle / Hammersmith & City)
* A 6" cake dummy is used to keep costs down and also to save students having to transport a heavy cake home with them - plus, in addition to your 8" real cake, this would be a lot of cake to have to eat!
Please note that this class is non-refundable, except in the case of class cancellation.