Wedding Cake 101
This class has been developed for DIY Brides who would like to make their own Wedding Cake
but it is also perfect for anyone who would like to learn the tricks of the trade
from a professsional Cake Designer with many years of experience.
With a little knowledge of the ‘structural engineering’ required, I can show you how to make a simple but chic tiered cake, which will look of professional quality.
We will cover an 8” cake and a 6" cake dummy* in fondant icing, achieving a perfectly smooth finish, before dowelling the bottom tier and stacking the top tier. I will show you a few simple but effective decorating tips including handpiped pearl designs and simple fondant rose clusters.
Techniques covered in this session:
- Splitting, filling and crumb coating a cake with buttercream
- Working with fondant icing
- Covering a cake with fondant to achieve a smooth finish
- Dowelling and stacking (including how to add a central column which could be filled with fresh flowers)
- Basic royal icing piping techniques including handpiped pearl swags
- Fondant rose decorations and clustering effects
- Trimming your cake with ribbons to match your colour scheme and effective embellishments
This class is an excellent entry level for anyone looking to start a career in Wedding Cake design.
I will share all of my tricks and tips as well as the benefit of 5 years of professional experience.
£90.00 per person for a 3hr class
Class starts at 18:00 for evening classes
and 14:00 for weekend classes
There are currently no scheduled class dates
Please email email@example.com
with any questions or to be kept
up to date with future sessions!
Payment is via a secure Paypal link
and you do not need to be registered to pay
All Studio Session costs are inclusive of all equipment and materials needed to complete the project, as well as refreshments, giggles and a slice of cake! You will also take home the cake that you decorated to show off and devour!
Wedding Cake 101 is also inclusive of a complementary Restoration Cake Apron
to take home along with exclusive access to the HOTLINE number!
I will be at the end of the phone to offer advice if you get stuck.
* A 6" cake dummy is used to keep costs down and also to save students having to transport a heavy cake home with them - plus, in addition to your 8" real cake, this would be a lot of cake to have to eat!
Please note that this class is non-refundable, except in the case of class cancellation.